Saturday, November 14, 2009

Big Sky, Taos, NM

It was after the rain one morning when we were in Taos, so I decided to paint the big sky of clouds. I painted it by setting up my easel in the garage of the adobe home where we stayed in Arroyo Seco for 6 days. The house, named "Casa Coyote", has 3 bedrooms, one large living room, one big kitchen, and one dinning room, plus big windows that presents us the splendid view of Taos Mountain. It was a lovely place to stay. We had wonderful time in this house and painting trip.

Upon the first night arrival I was so excited to see the darkness around this house. I asked everyone to turn off all the lights in the house. We then went out to the front yard to watch the stars. Oh boy! The skies were full of stars in every square inch. We were so happy to quickly identify the big dipper and the north star. I was so thrilled to see these many stars again. It surely brought back the nice memory of the first time when I saw the sky full of stars in Wu-Lin Mountain Farm in Taiwan that was more than 30 years ago. Well, how time flies and life has changed on me. I've enjoyed every minute of this journey.
Oil on canvas board, 9x12
Posted by Picasa

No comments: