Saturday, November 14, 2009

Season's Greetings!

I started a tradition last year - I would paint a holiday painting each year and give it away to a dear friend or a family member. Last year I painted 2 cute kittens sitting in 2 red buckets (see this one in my blog posted in Jan 2009). I then sent the painting image along with my greeting messages to my friends to wish them a happy holiday season. I've received many complements last year. My dear friend Joe replied: "A great painting, but do a dog next year!" Well Joe, the dog is here now to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year! A lucky someone will receive this painting as a Christmas present from me this year.

12/7/2009 updates...
This cute dog found his home with my dear friends, Chu-li and Joe. Chu-li is a dear friend of mine since college. Our friendship started from the previous generation between my father and her father who served in the same military unit many years ago. She has been my art patron since the beginning of my art journey. Thanks Chu-li and Joe for your lasting friendship.
Oil on canvas board, 10x8, private collection
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Salon Mexico Fan said...

I was one of the lucky people got to view Janet's holidat painting in person. What a beautiful painting! The dog is looking right into my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Joe and I adore the shaggy dog wearing the X'mas hat. It's eyes are so full of life and facial expression is so innocent. We just love it. Thank you so much for giving us this precious gift.

Chu-Li