Monday, July 19, 2010

Misty River 孤舟清趣

A lonely boat docked in a misty river under the willow tree. What a poetic scene! I did this painting for my dear friend, Edna Chiao, who wrote a poem (in Chinese as follows) on my green fan to reflect my current life as an artist. The English version is also shown below.

<靜思軒>

吾軒吾家 丹青遣暇
形形萬物 栩栩入畫
閒款知友 水酒清茶
逸然恬淡 歲月精華

My home is my castle
where I paint to divert my time of idle.
All forms and shapes of anything
vividly transformed onto my painting.
Entertaining my friends when I am free;
serve them with wine and green tea.
Comfortable and contented life
Enjoy the journey of a beautiful life.

又提﹕ 靜能生慧, 靜思則通
Wisdom comes from tranquility of inner peace.
Contemplation leads to thorough understanding.

Oil, 5x7, private collection
Posted by Picasa

No comments: